Wind Turbines approved installer for Xzeres
Supply and install light industrial wind turbines in Yorkshire and Derbyshire for Farms, Agriculture, Businesses and Commercial.
Wind systems are a brilliant investment for businesses. As an approved installer for Xzeres wind turbines, our 442SR 10kW single phase and three phase commercial wind turbine system can take advantage of Britain´s prevalent and sustainable wind resource.
As a preferred Wind Turbine Installer for Xzeres, Our direct drive wind turbine system is designed to perform consistently, and quietly even in the most demanding locations.
Many conventional wind turbines use a gearbox, which connects the blades to the generator and is one way to increase blade rotation speed in order to provide production of power in low to moderate wind speeds. XZERES turbines do not use a gearbox rather a direct-drive giving us a clear advantage over the competition. XZERES costs less than the competition and has lower maintenance costs.
Maintenance costs on wind turbines with gearboxes are much higher than those costs of turbines with a direct drive, and they cost more. Gearboxes use many cogs, wheels and bearings to work properly. A small defect in the gearbox can cause the wind turbine to stop completely. Reports of failures from gearbox driven wind turbines are not uncommon. The United States Department of Energy concluded that ‘most wind turbine gearboxes would fail “well before” their 20-year design life.
Total maintenance cost over lifetime (20 years)
XZERES’ direct-drive system wind turbine eliminates the need for a gearbox and connects the blades directly to the generator. This system causes the generator to rotate at the same speed as the blades and is just as efficient as those wind turbines with gearboxes PLUS it is lighter, economical and more reliable. Our intelligent direct drive design uses predictive regulated technology to maximise performance in all wind speeds.
- Your property has at least 1 acre of land if in a remote location or 5-20 acres in rural or small town
- The local wind resource has at least 5m/s (11 mph) annual average wind speed
- Bottom of turbine blades should be at least 8m higher than tallest obstacle (trees, buildings) for 150m or more in the direction of the prevailing winds
- You have easy access to get construction vehicles to site
- Local planning consent will allow a turbine on your property
- Top of hills and ridges are preferable
- You would like to reduce the environmental impact of electricity production
- You want to protect yourself from fluctuating energy costs
- You are comfortable with long-term investments.
“Is the wind strong enough that it’s bothersome most of the time?”
Check our online Wind Speed Calculator to see if you are suitable.
For your no obligation site survey or if you have any questions or queries about wind power please contact our office or fill in an online contact us form.
With Homeco Energy Wind Turbines, customer benefits include:
- Market Leading wind energy products
- Independently tested and certified technology
- 5 Year product warranty (parts & labour)
- Installation Warranty
- Full range of tower size options
- Industry Certified Installers (MCS or equivalent)
- Site Assessment & Feasibility
- System Design
- Planning Permission Support
- Grid Connection Support
- Installation & Commissioning
- Turbine Servicing Contracts
- In-house Customer Service
Shortened pay back periods are guaranteed with the backing of the Feed in Tariff scheme.
Designed and installed correctly, a 10kW Homeco Wind Turbine is likely to be the most efficient way of reducing your energy bills whilst benefitting financially.