The Renewable Premium Payment Scheme
The Renewable Heat Premium Payment is designed to help you afford renewable technologies for your home.
What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment?
This is a UK Government scheme designed to help you afford renewable technologies for your home, such as:
- Solar thermal panels
- Air source and Ground Source Heat pumps (but excluding exhaust air heat pumps), and
- Biomass boilers
The amount received as part of the Renewable Heat Premium Payment scheme depends on which technology you are applying for. The voucher values for each of the technologies are listed below:
|Solar Thermal Hot Water||£300|
|Air Source Heat Pump||£850|
|Ground Source or Water Source Heat Pump||£1250|
The Renewable Heat Premium Payment scheme - Phase 2 will run from 1st May 2012 to 31st March 2013.
Who can apply for the Renewable Heat Premium Payment?
If you live in England, Scotland or Wales, you are eligible to apply for the Renewable Heat Premium Payment.
How you currently heat your home will depend on which technologies you are able to apply for.
Those who have recently removed a mains gas heating system or currently heat their home with mains gas are only eligible to apply for Solar Thermal.
However, if you currently rely on oil, liquid gas, solid fuel or electricity then you could also apply for air to water source heat pumps, ground - or water - source heat pumps and biomass boilers.
What do you have to do before applying?
- The property must be owned by you or if you are a tenant you must be purchasing the system yourself and have permission from the owner of the property;
- If the property is a new build, then you must retain ownership of the property either as the occupier or as the private Landlord;
- Property must have loft insulation to 250mm and cavity wall insulation (where practical);
- You should have all necessary planning and environmental permissions in place;
How to apply
Phase 2 is now open for pre-registration. Pre-register here.